Saturday, August 18, 2012

Love with a love that is more than love itself. :)




"I really need you in my life
No matter what I have to do, I will wait for you"


Yes, that is a line from Eliot Yamin's "Wait for you". I have had this song in my playlist forever and listening to it somehow always makes me feel all mushy and romantic on the inside. I know that it is the perfect song for those with a hole in their hearts. But somehow, this song also reminds us single girls what truly is LOVE. I know that I have been talking about Love and all that a lot recently. But hey, I am Miss Love and this topic will never bore me. 
I think I just found my spark back. A couple of weeks ago I sat in a huge dilemma questioning my own views on Love. I went through what I would call an identity crisis of my own, where this particular topic is concerned. I know that reading a new novel or watching a new movie or even listening to a fellow friends love story does that to me. I start looking back at my own life. I make mental lists and I analyse each and every character put forth. And just like that, I started on a novel a few weeks back and with that I made a few alterations to my own principle of LOVE. Even after finishing that particular novel, I just couldn't get a few things out of my mind. It was as though my entire notions and ideas about LOVE was being questioned. It is not overboard to say that I went on a journey to look for myself, my ideas and my principles on LOVE. 
So, where do I stand today? The same place I was a few years ago. I just can't help it. I love LOVE and I am in love with LOVE itself. People tell me all the time that I am as such due to the fact that I have never been in a relationship of this nature before in my life and as such do not know how it feels to get my heart broken. Well, I agree. But partially. I did get my heart broken. Just not this way. The thing is, I am a person who believes in LOVE so much because I grew up with those traditional fairytales and I lived through characters such as Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White and so on. So, I truly believe that there is a prince charming out there for each and every of us. 
But then again, I am pretty sane too. So yes, there is a prince charming for me. But I know that he is not perfect. He is not tall, dark and handsome. He is not the wealthiest one around with a big car and a big house and all the money in the world. He will not look at me as though I am the only girl around, the way the Prince did when he saw Cinderella. He will not cross mountains and climb walls just to see me, the way Rapunzel's Prince did. He will just be another guy in this world who will love me for who I am. He will see what millions of other guys missed, appreciating me, my inner beauty and my personality. He will wipe away my tears and look after me the way he can, not the way I want him to. He will do all that he can and when that time comes I will hold him dearly in my arms, heart and soul. I will fight. I will argue. I will get on his nerves and I will let him get on mine. But I will never let him go in a million years because I know how special LOVE is. So, when cupid strikes, I believe that it will strike forever.
That my dear girls, is what I call believing in LOVE. Love is not all that it is cracked up to be. It is not about the candlelight dinners, roses, and the I LOVE YOU messages and utterance. Love is about being there for him and letting him be there for you, now and forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment