Sunday, October 9, 2011

More pages and more tears.

There's so much I want to say to you, but I'm not sure where I should begin. Should I start by telling you that I love you? Or that the days I have spent with you have been the happiest of my life? Or in the short time I've known you, I've come to believe that we were meant to be together? I could say all those things and all would be true, but as I reread them, all I can think is that I wish I were with you now, holding your hand and watching for your elusive smile.
-Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

I turn each page and find myself weeping. I would like to believe that this tears are due to the touching story of Savannah and John. And yet, somewhere deep down my heart I know I'm not merely touched, I'm crushed that I will never be all you have ever wanted. I'll never be Savannah and you will never be John. Maybe I will run out of tears and maybe one day I will wake up without this ache in my heart. Maybe I will stop worrying, and stop caring. Maybe a day will go by without you in my mind. Maybe I will recover. Maybe I will move on.


But then again, maybe I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment