Monday, September 26, 2011

Whispers from the heart

Sometimes our heart doesn't listen to us. It runs wild. It does as it desires. It stops making sense and it doesn't care if it is right. All it cares is its own happiness. So, can you really blame me for being a girl that goes with her heart not her mind? I'll give you a very simple analogy. Would you rather listen to your head, analyse every situation, play safe or would you rather take chances, go with the unknown and just simply follow your heart?
It is temptations that lead us to do things that we don't want to. And, I do agree that at times those temptations may lead us to cross over boundaries and explore worlds we shouldn't. But, I don't want to live my life with regrets. 40 years from now, when I look back at my life, while lying in my deathbed, I want to be able to smile and say I lived as I desired not I lived as I should. After all, why waste such precious life by living based on another person's thoughts of what's right and wrong? Because that's what rules are. Rules are what some idiot before us lay out for us to follow. Do you really want to live based on another person? Aren't you worth more than that? So, my dear, I'm giving you a chance now. You can choose to stay where you are right now, your bed, your desk, your room, etc or you can wake up and go do something your heart tells you to.

Is your heart telling you to dial that special someone and ask them out? Is your heart telling you to go apologize for something you did? Or is it telling you to go demand an answer? Is it telling you to go confess all you ever felt or is it telling you to let go of someone you shouldn't have? Is it telling you to leap forward and take a chance or is it telling you to watch your back? Close your eyes and listen to your heart. Open your ears and eyes to the whispers of your heart because no one in this entire world would love you more than your heart does.

No comments:

Post a Comment