Wednesday, September 28, 2011

-A miracolous day-

I have to talk about coincidence/miracles here. My day was perfectly normal and I did not have much to do. I thought it was just going to be another "normal" day in my life when I found out that someone was admitted in the hospital. And being who I am, I made a hasty decision to go to the temple to pray for that person. I don't know why but that is just something I usually do. Whenever I find out someone is ill, I'll go extend my prayers for that person to get well. Probably the amount of time I spend in the hospital myself influenced me. I know how it feels to be in the waiting room not knowing what is going to happen next and I certainly am familiar with the anxieties and worries. So, since I am in the situation of not being able to go visit that person, I decided to go pray for that person's health. I was so worried but stepping into the temple, and standing before GOD seriously made me feel much better. Anyway, the reason why i said today was a miraculous day is because I completely forgot that it was the start of Navrathri. Navrathri means nine nights & is celebrated for nine days for 3 Devi's, DURGA, LAKSHMI & SARASWATHI. Since it was an amman temple, I had the opportunity to be a part of the very first proceeding of those nine nights. I felt so blessed. Never in my 20 years of life have I been a part of those prayers. Makes me wonder, everything does happen for a reason right?

No comments:

Post a Comment