Thursday, May 31, 2012

LDR- The big "Long Distant Relationship" talk! :)



Long distance relationships are just beautiful aren't they? There was this one point in my life in which a close friend told me that she was in love with a guy half way across the world whom she met virtually and have never seen in her life and i went, "Erm...okay". My mind conjured up 60 different reasons as to why the relationship will not work and yet i told her, "Life doesn't pick who you fall for and if you feel like he is the one, then go for it". That was about a year ago.
And today, sitting here typing this out, I have to humbly bow down to the power of long distant relationships. I always felt that love is supposed to give you butterflies, make you go weak at your knees and all that. And I for one never thought that it is possible to have those "fairy tale" like feelings virtually. Oh, how wrong was I!
Today, I can truly tell you that my friend is so happy with him although she has never met him in person. He has been there for her through her every rise and fall, allowing her to grow into herself and never once giving up on the relationship and everything they have been through. Now, you tell me, isn't that fairy tale by itself? I have to literally hold myself from tearing each time she talks about her relationship. Can someone have a love so pure and true? She is truly blessed, that's for sure.
Let's face it. We live in a world and time that relationships are not built on trust like how it should be, but on material possessions and lust. That is one of the reasons as to why I myself, stay away from love. Because I do not think there is anyone out there that understands what love is and what it is made up of. Love is made up of TRUST. You have to trust him or her and be a person worthy of trust itself. And that is why long distant relationships deserve a huge round of standing ovation. Because it is purely made of trust.
I do not deny that there is so many things that can go wrong. So, how do you know? I really cannot answer that. But I know that relationships are all about trust. So, it doesn't matter if you have a person living half away across the world or a person sitting right in front of you, give and receive trust. That is the only way you can keep yourself and your relationship sane.
And as to long distant relationships...well, it works. It really does. It is possible to fall for someone half way across the world, simply because you can never pick who you fall for. Cupids arrow does not know direction. And Mr.Cupid himself is pretty good at aiming for you when you least expect him to.

1 comment: