Monday, May 28, 2012

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal and Love leaves a memory no one can steal.


There are songs that just struck a chord somewhere deep down your heart whenever you hear them. And the worst part of all is not knowing why or how to stop memories that over flow your sanity when that happens. There was once when I was a little girl, still so naive about the world and how it works, that I came across a quotation. I am not very sure how old I was or how it happened. But I remember the quotation so clearly. It might have been the start of my love towards literature and all that. The quotation rang something like this, "Memories no matter joy or sadness will make you cry when remembered later on in the future". I don't really remember how the words were put together but that is the gist of it. I remember thinking that happy memories will never make you cry. How wrong was I!
I guess life taught me that memories will make you cry, no matter how much you don't want to. I am a person who doesn't compare or judge. I take life a day at once and I try to live it to the fullest. But to be a person like that, you gotta have a heart as hard as steel. And that is one that I don't. As I type this out, I have Miley Cyrus's "Stay" on my playlist and I am fighting the gush of tears that threaten to fall. I am telling myself that it is okay to cry occasionally. I am allowing memories to fill my soul.
There is just so much that death can take and memories is one that would stay no matter how old you get. But heartache's do not heal. One that even trust and love betray you with. So how do one fight away the memories and tears?
The simple truth is that you don't. And yes, memories, no matter happy or sad ones will make you cry. And if it doesn't, then you have not given the memories enough credit. So, let me tell you this. It is okay to cry and it is okay to let memories cloud your thoughts. After all, we are all humans and no one can ever have a heart that doesn't grieve or a soul that doesn't weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment