Saturday, June 12, 2010

-Another view of life-

Sometimes you never know why something happens, but it does nevertheless. I am not here to tell you about how my life sucks (which it doesn't btw), but I'm here to tell you about a show I watched yesterday.
I love Oprah. I mean who wouldn't? She is my inspiration and I do love watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Anyway, yesterdays show proved to be an eye opener for me. Entitled "Inside the minds of child molesters", Oprah sat down with 4 convicted child molesters and rapist and spoke with them. It was one of the most truthful heart-to-heart conversation I have ever heard. There was one elderly guy, who molested his own granddaughter, a father who raped his daughter for a few years, an uncle who molested and then went on to rape his niece for 12 years, and another serial child rapist. It was heartbreaking to hear what they said. They described each incident. But, what made it worse was when all 4 of them said that they thought they were giving pleasure to their victims. Pleasure????My foot!I never understood why children keep quiet when it happens. But, now I do. It is scary to think that there are people like that around us. What more do parents have to do to protect their child? When can we actually walk out of our homes feeling really safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment