Sunday, July 7, 2013

I cry, but I am not weak. I am just me.

My sister says that I have a ready water tap that bursts at the most random hours. Okay, I got your attention with that one statement. Don't run away yet, what I am about to say is very important. So, let me take a deep breath and start putting emotions into words. *breaths in...holds breath...breaths out*
I don't see myself as a weak person just because I cry. I know that I always say that life is all about making choices. We make choices in a daily basis. The choice to wake up and go to class no matter how tired you feel, the choice to smile at a stranger when you see them or not to, the choice to listen when a fellow friend is tearing your soul apart with words, the choice not to let emotions get in the way of setting mind goals, etc, etc. It's all a choice, right?
So, here's the thing with me. I cry easy. I cry when I am angry and can't direct that anger at that particular person who put me in such a position in the very first place due to certain circumstances, I cry when I feel myself giving up on something that I believe in, I cry when I am happy and I cry when I am sad. So ya, I cry. It doesn't make me weak. How you ask? I'll tell you.
We cry because we have been strong for way too long. There is just so much that our hearts can hold in. That is how I see it as. But this whole thing isn't a choice for me and that is what that has been bugging me. I don't want to feel this way especially since this last week has truly been a roller coaster ride. Tears made its way through me, though I didn't want it to, for more than a few reasons this week. I thought I am done with it all and now here I am, justifying myself for what I did last week. *slapsforehead* 
I don't wanna feel myself letting go of who I am. I am me. I am not perfect, at all. I have principles and values. I am a picky eater. I cry. I laugh for no reason. I get attached to people easy. I think animals, especially dogs are more important than humans. Words hurt me more than actions ever can, no matter who it is. I read because I love to write. I have big dreams. I love getting to know people. I like listening to people talk. I think teddy bears are the world's most important invention. I am a big girl who is still very little on the inside and yet I am a small girl who is standing up against this big bad world. So ya, I cry but I am not weak. I am just me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment