Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So, how do you know for sure that he is serious about you?

I spent my day talking to a lot of humans. I mean, real humans with feelings, right, I am one too. Anyway, the reason why I did that is because while I was in my lecture hall today, trying so hard to pay attention to Madam Yash, I thought of  something. Something very relatable as a matter of fact. Each and every one of us go through that phase in our lives when we are forced to question our heart and soul on whether that person that we have become attached to for some time now, the one that has showered us with so much love and care and to whom we have done more for than we have now for years for anyone is truly "the one". I mean, how do we even make that decision? Tough one, really. And let's say that we think he/she is "the one" then how do we know for sure that he/she is serious about us. There you go. The start of something I never imagined myself getting confused with. I always thought that when you meet a person that is meant to be the one you spend the rest of your aging years with, you will somehow feel it in your bones that this is it, this is the life you have always wanted. I mean, moving away from heart, mind and soul, to me it was always feel it in your veins and bones. That is the romantic aspect of me speaking.
Let's get back to reality then. So how do we know for sure? True, I am still single and shouldn't get my head wrapped around such questions but knowing me, you would know that walking away from a doubt is really not my style. So I questioned everyone I met today. The question is fairly simple, "How do you know for sure that a guy or a girl is serious about you"
Well, I must say that I was given a lot of good answers. Friends told me how "you will somehow know" to "if he loves you and is serious about you, he will never give up on you". Many good answers and now I am left questioning where I stand on this matter. So, here we go.
I think a guy is serious when he starts looking at his life as you being a part of it. Every decision that he makes is done with you in mind as well. I don't dare answer in the viewpoints of guys so let's just make it as from the viewpoint of a single girl who has no idea what she wants but will not settle for less than what she deserves. I think that a guy is serious about you when he never lets his ego heighten to a level that would be toxic for the relationship. A guy is serious when he won't give up on you despite every heart ache that you put him into (that being said, there is a limit to this too). Lastly, how do you know a guy is serious? Well, stop whatever you are doing for 5 secs and reflect on things he has said to you, his actions in the past...are you a part of his future or only a part of his present life? Ask yourself that and I think you pretty much would have the answer.
As for me, well, there is still a long way to go. Let me be Miss Love for now, not Mrs Love. After all, like I always said, I am looking for a prince and as far as I know, princes are really serious when it comes to love! *dreamyeyes*

7 comments:

  1. Like one of the statement made up there;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Mogan! And for the comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Like one of the statement made up there;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehmm..its really true..i would say.. :)

    Not only tat..in my opinion.....
    i think the guy is serious when he is willing to accept the way you are.., support you emotionally whenever you are down..willing to wait for you..even if you dunt love him..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Anonymous for reading and for the comment. Well, I definitely have to agree that a guy who waits for you is really taking the relationship seriously and I respect such guys so much. That being said, I must also say that guys are sometimes clueless when it comes to supporting a girl emotionally. Hence, if you have such a guy in your life, hold on to him tight and never let him go. :)

      Delete
  4. Hmm.. This question has been bothering me for quite a while. And here goes your blogging about it! :D Hehe! Most of my friends had told the same thing though, 'you will know that he/she is the one'. But I couldn't really visualise it how does that work (most probably because I haven't come across yet. Haha!) Anyway, let's hope that it really works that way and the right one is just not far from us! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Wonderland, he is out there! Never ever forget that! Your perfect prince is just waiting for the right time to sweep you off your feet. And when that happens, things like this will just not matter anymore. :)

      Delete