Saturday, July 9, 2011

The big comeback: Comfort Circle.

I know I have put off writing for a while but it's not that i have not tried. I did. Honestly. But, words somehow managed to not flow at the times i needed it to. I do realise that im all kinds of messed up now. But, I also know that that should not be the reason I stay away from blogging. So, I decided to lift my spirits a little and write about something that all of us can relate to. Here's the big comeback topic : Comfort Circle.
So, what's the big deal with comfort circle u ask? I'll tell you what the big deal is. Our comfort circle determines practically everything in our lives. Happiness, Sadness, Love, Care, Spending habits, Diet, and just about everything. Our comfort circle is made up of the people we feel comfortable with and that includes settings as well. Alright, now I'm starting to sound a little too "factual". Let me lay it down in simple words. Comfort circle= people and place. Sounds better?
Hence, do me a favour and reflect to those times you have felt "like a fish out of water". Those times that you just felt like you did not belong to that particular crowd or place. How did it feel like? You felt like running away didn't you. But here's the thing with us humans, we are people-pleases. We love pleasing people. At times, to extreme extents.
So, i guess here is what i can't lay my fingers at. The big question i can't solve. Why is it that I'm still searching for my comfort circle? I find it hard to even trust anyone. I have this fear that I'll somehow be betrayed. Why? I guess I don't know. I watch with envy as people around me have unlimited fun with their cousins, go crazy with friends and just about be themselves. So, why is it that I am still looking for my comfort circle? People with the values i uphold and would never even think of letting go. In simple words, people like me? I know that I'm not masking my true colours. This is just me.
Am I happy u ask? Well..happiness has always been an abstract concept. Besides, who said you can't consider your family as your comfort circle? Well, I'm still the one who will choose family over friends. So, that settles things I suppose.
Anyway, to everyone out there. Life is just another phase. So, don't hang out with people you hate, stop trying to be the "good" ones, let go of things you can't have and do things because you want to, not because you have to. Comfort circle? Does it really matter? Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment