Friday, December 28, 2012

37 days of a very different life-My very own working experience!

How lucky I am to have known a life that is so different from the one I am used to. I am the pampered princess, the one who has it her way, who does things because she wants to and yet, all that changed in the last 37 days of my life. The people that I have met, the lessons that I have learnt and the memories that I will now carry for the rest of my life here on Earth has made me a person that I never once knew I could be.
Yes, I got myself a part time job as a Cashier in a leading hypermarket in Klang for this semester break. This is my story, one that I am proud to tell.
I always thought that my first ever paid job would be as a teacher, and if not that then as a writer. But I suppose God always had better plans for me. He put me in a place that I never once knew I could survive. For starters, the very first day of work, I was placed in a wine shop. Yeap, you heard me right. I sat there for practically 4 hours, not moving much, trying so hard to not cry, well, I did cry. I mean, you know I am against alcohol consumption. It is a life principle and my life principles mean the world to me. So yes, I cried. I went home that day, looked at myself in the mirror and wondered what the hell have I got myself into. It was that bad.
Well, that aside. Let's talk about the Vegetarian life principle. I have touched more raw meat in these last few days then I have ever had in the last 2 years of converting into a Vegetarian. Every single time that I had a customer bring in meat to be cashed in, I died a little inside. Being an animal lover, it was definitely the toughest part of my job. I had to tell myself that it was okay. And at the end of the day, I am proud to say, I survived that too. 
I have so many stories to tell and I am sure that it will unfold with every post of mine. For now, I am just happy to have experienced this life that is so different from that which I am used to. Money has always had lesser value in my heart compared to love, care, affection and etc. And it still remains that way despite learning how much money means too.
Apart from all that, I do know that when tomorrow rolls in, I will miss waking up at 7, miss snoozing for 10 mins, I will miss my morning shower, my morning coffee in front of the tv, I will miss Dino's goodbye kiss right before I get into the car and take that long 15 mins drive to work. I will miss my morning radio show, my favourite C4 parking, the morning guard who will smile at me, I will miss punching in my card and I will miss looking into the mirror before walking in. I will miss wishing that Counter 28 has not been opened and I will miss jumping in joy when I am given the express counter. I will miss saying thank you to every customer, despite how much I feel like screaming at some of them. I will miss saying, "Mam, less than 10 things only ah", and I will miss the money change that the team leaders will do. I will miss blinking the light and calling for help and I will miss counting the coins and the spot checks with the team leaders. I will miss closing my counter with a sigh of relief and that long walk that I take back to my car only to repeat the whole process the next day. I will just miss so much of everything.

Signing off with a hint of nostalgic memories, Love you people.

1 comment:

  1. wow.. tats a good experince reva.. these memories will make life more colourful wen u flashbck!! :) keep it up bebehh!! proud of ya

    ReplyDelete