Familiar phrase if you have been single for about…let’s see, your whole life? Ookay, I get it. You guys are going, “there she goes again with the whole thing on falling in love”. Well, I can never be sorry for being in love with love. So today, while I am here in class with a presentation going on, I am stealing some time to tell you about the rules to falling in love. Might be right might be wrong. Please do argue with me, I like being challenged. *big wide grin*
Rules to falling in love:
1) Love is not blind, it needs glasses. Never be blinded with the way a person looks, talks, or is. Love is what that happens when you don’t know how to explain why you feel the way you feel towards that one person.
2) Yes, you can fall for a person that is taken. But, you are not allowed to act on that feelings. Respect the other guy or girl involved. If he/she is meant for you, they would eventually return to you.
3) Flirting is for the singles. If you are taken, quit flirting and if you wanna flirt, stay single. Simple concept.
4) People change and feelings mature. So, who you are with today will not be the same person in lets say, a month, a year or even 50 years! Deal with this one fact and you are looking at a long term relationship, trust me.
5) Never ever rush. If you meet someone and you like them, stay friends first. Most people act on impulse and that can seriously go wrong.
6) Never say yes to someone just because you are tired of being alone. Sure, having someone by your side is fun and nice, but having someone you never saw as someone by your side, is a torture to the soul.
7) They say opposites attract. Yes, they do. But that only applies to magnets. Leave the opposites attract thing to magnets. As for humans, no matter how attracted you are to a person, when someone’s life principles and attitudes clash with yours, there is just that much that you can tolerate and stand. People with similar principles last longer.
8) Know the limitations of love. Never ever assume that this beautiful girl or amazing man will be there for you forever. Always remember that this person never belonged to you. You are loaning them from the universe for a span of time and shall return them when the time arrives. Some are returned earlier and some are returned through death.
9) You will always remember your first love. This is a fact that everyone has to come to terms with. I have seen relationships crumble just because she doesn't want to accept the fact that he still talks about his past love or just because she compares him to his past love. Well people, let me break it down to you. Just because a person talks about something that has happened in his/her past, it does not mean that that person is not over their past. Remembering what has happened keeps us humans sane.
10) You deserve to have someone treat you the way you have always wanted to be treated. Like a princess? A queen perhaps? Like the only man around? Well, problem is, often we settle for far less than what we deserve because we are tired of waiting. Patience is power, let me remind you of that.
11) This is an important one. Love doesn't hurt and love is not abusive. Staying with an abusive partner, regardless of whether it's a physical, or emotional abuse, is just downright wrong. Love is about being happy, even through rough times.
Well, people, I seriously can go on and on when it comes to love. I might have not met the right man yet or I just might not have been looking, but either way, I think love is something just too beautiful to be missed in life. Never let a past experience shut you away from love. Open your hearts, get to know the people around you and let love find you. After all, our hearts can seriously do wonders if we just let it to. Oh ya, and, finally, if at all, you never meet anyone special, whoever says that you can't live the single life? More reasons to flirt then! :D
Signing off in a happy note,
Signing off in a happy note,