Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Goodbye MR. 2012's Deepavali

And just like that, the day has ended. I just finished replying to all the messages that came in, wishing me a good Deepavali. I still hear to the sounds of crackers being burst as I type this out. It was different this year, very different. But, I am pleased to say that I kept my emotions in check today. No tears flowed, no temper flared and well, like I said, it is different. 
I spent the day here, in front of the tv, with my eyes on my laptop that is resting so calmly on the coffee table. I have finished about a 100 plus pages of that beautifully twisted love novel that my friend introduced me to. I can't seem to read with much ease due to the fact that it is in the form of a word document and not a real, solid book. Nevertheless, I dare say that my view on a particular topic is definitely being altered as I find myself tangled in a world of romance. 
It was a good day though. I learnt how to make briyani today. The last time I tried, well, it did not go so well and as such, I am pleased to announce that I think I finally nailed the recipe. I definitely had fun in the kitchen today with mum.
Apart from that, I went online, updated my Facebook status, scribbled in Twitter and well, that's about it. My online social life is deteriorating but the thing is, I am not bothered. Pretty new for Raevarthy, that's for sure.
I slept, I woke up, I prayed, I watched one of my favourite movies, I fed the kids, I ate dinner, I cleaned up the dishes and I am waiting for the day to end. In the blink of an eye, I am bidding goodbye to Mr. 2012's Deepavali with ease. It was different, but an easy day. And I definitely thank God for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment